Thank you for considering volunteering for the Steubenville Mid-America Conferences in Springfield, MO. We would be unable to coordinate this event without the help of our great volunteers!
The conference weekends are:
Week 1: July 9-11 and Week 2: July 16-18, 2021
PLEASE NOTE: Filling out this form does not guarantee a spot as a volunteer but it makes us aware of your interest. Volunteer Registration closes on April 30th. We will send out emails by May 15th to let you know if you are needed as a volunteer. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
The safety and well-being of our volunteers, staff, and conference participants is a priority for us. While we recognize that no one can tell us what July 2021 is going to definitively look like, we do know that our 2021 Conferences will look and operate differently than they have in the past. The number of volunteers will be strictly limited and will be significantly less than previous years.
Over the coming weeks, we will be working closely with Missouri State University and will be following guidelines put in place by the Greene County Health Department and CDC to make sure all proper protocols are being followed at the time of the conference.
Please take into account the following considerations before submitting a volunteer registration form:
- Mandatory Volunteer Training for New AND Returning Volunteers will be held Thursday, June 10th at 7pm at the Cardinal Rigali Center. If you are unable to attend in person, we will have a virtual session on Wednesday, June 16th at 7pm. You must attend a training session either in-person or virtually in order to volunteer at the conference.
- Volunteers will be asked to wear masks at all times indoors as well as outdoors when social distancing of at least 6 feet is not possible.
- Volunteering at the conferences is physically demanding. Work will include a lot of walking and being on your feet for long periods of time.
- We are considering hosting portions of the conference outdoors which could mean being outside in hot weather for longer periods of time.
- Volunteers for the conference are responsible for their travel to Springfield, MO. Once there, all food and lodging is provided.
- The arrival time varies depending what volunteer team you are on, but in general we like everyone to be in Springfield, MO by 10AM on Friday morning of the conference(s) you are volunteering for. We begin with Mass for all volunteers.
Safe Environment Requirements
IMPORTANT: All Steubenville Conference volunteers must be in compliance with Archdiocesan Safe Environment policies.
The Archdiocese of St. Louis has implemented a new system for safe environment compliance called Prevent and Protect STL. Everyone ministering to minors and vulnerable adults (clergy, employees and volunteers) in the Archdiocese are required and asked to register in the new system before July 1, 2021 in order to volunteer at the conference. For those who have already attended a Protecting God’s Children workshop, your previous training date will transfer to this new system. In addition to attending a live Protecting God’s Children workshop, all clergy, volunteers, and employees will register for an updated background screening, view two new online training modules on abuse reporting and the Code of Ethical Conduct, and agree to the updated Code of Ethical Conduct. Please go to www.preventandprotectstl.org to register and contact Jaclyn Laffleur with any questions or for further assistance.
If you have already registered through the Prevent and Protect STL website for your parish but did not list the Office of Youth Ministry as an additional location, please log in to the website and go to “My Account”, then click on “edit orgs”. You can then select “Add Organization” and choose “Archdiocesan Agency” for Organization Category, then “Office of Youth Ministry” for the Organization. Select “Volunteer” under Role and then be sure to hit the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page.
If you do not live within the Archdiocese of St. Louis, you will need to submit a letter of Safe Environment compliance from your home (Arch)Diocese.
Thank you for your willingness to serve! If you have any additional questions, please contact:
Steubenville Volunteer Coordinator